The time has arrived for making resolutions to improve business prospects by improving staff productivity and upgrade security infrastructure. Today there are many discussions happening with cybersecurity professionals irrespective of sector or industry.
- Invest more in cybersecurity: The CISOs and CFOs are keeping the investment aspect of cyber security as top priority. They are already keeping the cybersecurity staff busy by building a culture where they are always alert with security measures in place. It is the organization who needs to treat fairly to the employees so that they can stay motivated throughout.
- Make cybersecurity an organizational culture: Almost 24% organizations claim that business managers are yet to realize the right level of cybersecurity. In 2018, CISOs must wipe off this cybersecurity ignorance with frequent training process or awareness sessions/ emails. It is up to the CISOs who can push the employees to follow security measures.
- Employ advanced threat prevention: One of the popular ways to boost productivity is to decrease the attack surface wherever possible. Numerous advanced threat prevention technologies such as next-generation endpoint security software, threat intelligence gateways, anti-ransomware technologies, anti-spam etc. are prioritized for implementation.
- Integration of advanced technology and intelligence: The organizations should concentrate on consolidating and integrating digital technologies in 2018 with the objective of building robust security operations and analytics. Not only that, it normalizes and analyzes the act of increasing security telemetry. CTOs might even have to apply machine learning algorithms to existing security tools like endpoint security software, network security analytics, threat intelligence platforms and DLP.
- Automating manual processes: In today’s digital scenario, the organizations are automating every possible function for smoother and faster operations. It includes gathering data, analyzing suspicious files or even applying common remediation processes to prevent malicious activities.
- Never Share Aadhar details anywhere: Sensitive information like Aadhar number and its related details should be handled with utmost caution. It is always wise to restrain from sharing these details anywhere without checking the authenticity to avoid and digital disaster.
Finally, CISOs are taking up digitization for most of the functional areas towards protecting the assets that are simplified by cloud technologies. They are assessing the operations pattern and strive for the betterment of the automation process is effective. It gives potential and mutual benefits to the organization as well as employees. Creating the regular backup of the important data is one of the ways through which probable data loss can be averted. Regular employee training can also make the situation more cautionary.