Spams are unwanted emails sent with the senders’ malicious intentions in various ways with various formats and mail servers find new ways to block them. Simultaneously, the online predators find new tactics to get their job done. Few hosts have strict filters that can block valid emails whereas few don’t block genuine spams. This becomes an utter nuisance to the users and network administrators.
Recognize typical spams
Spams are normally ambiguous in nature. Few easy ways to identify junk emails are as below:
1. The subject lines of junk emails are normally unreadable and they mostly have punctuation, spelling and grammatical errors. Normally there are some junk letters in a unique combination seen in the subject line.
2. Occasionally the subject lines have some user id and password that asks to visit some website.
3. Few spams have attachments which are not supposed to be opened. If these attachments are downloaded, the system might start behaving weird. There are possibilities of virus infection through these attachments which might take hostage of your sensitive information and pass on to somebody else.
The safest way to deal with spams is to simply delete them especially when it is from unknown sources. It is better to have eScan anti-virus software installed and updated in your system.
Characteristics of Spam
Even if the spams look authentic or addressed genuinely to the receiver, it might not be original. If the sender is unknown and the email speaks amount something exciting, then there are high chances that it is a spam. It is easy for the victim to go through the emails that have been received in suspicious circumstances.
It affects the normal email communication in many ways. It puts the entire unwanted load on network traffic and reducing that load becomes very difficult. In addition, it takes lots of valuable time to remove from the email.
Preventing spams in your inbox
• It is always wise to take required precautions while you pass on your email address to someone unknown or less known.
• If you require to fill any online form in any website you might give your email address only if you are sure of receiving emails from them.
• Most of the time the companies that get your email address sold to other companies and you start getting emails from them. Thus, never give out email addresses to websites or companies unless you feel it is highly necessary.
• A reputed and robust Anti-Spam feature of eScan Anti-Virus filters out unwanted e-mails from entering your inbox and delivers reports about any detected spam. Hence, it can put an end to your email worries permanently.