With the growing digitization of businesses, the challenges for CISOs are growing manifold. The emergence of sophisticated cyber threats is one of the key concerns for the protection of network perimeters. According to Gartner, “Cyber-attacks on the corporate sector have risen since 2016 by 40%. There is a rise in the number of Unknown vector attacks in the enterprises in the year 2016 by 25%.” With more than 400 million malware reported in 2016 and the growth of approx. 50% YoY, the malware are getting stealthier to track and contain in time. Keeping the growing trends of the threat landscape, eScan’s R&D team has developed the state of the art solutions to protect endpoints in real time and giving complete control to the network administrators.
eScan has launched Endpoint Protection (EPP) solutions for enterprises to secure the endpoints from possible compromises. eScan’s EPP solutions provide unified endpoint management to provide proactive security solutions that can efficiently manage and secure the protection of the endpoints. These solutions resolve the key challenges for CISOs i.e. to keep the network safe from compromised endpoints and allow endpoints to access the network at the same time.
eScan’s Endpoint Protection has been designed keeping in mind the advance level of threats anticipated. One of the major concerns being Ransomware attacks by means of phishing attacks, which are hard to detect. By 2020 Gartner predicts, that there will be more than 21 billion connected sensors and endpoints in the enterprise network. eScan’s Endpoint protection solutions include an AI based ‘PBAE Technology’ to monitor the behavior of any suspicious files and stops it from spreading in the network by either isolating it or quarantining it and then alerts the network admin.
Key features of eScan’s EPP solutions with mobile device management and hybrid network support include the following:
- Enhanced and unified endpoint security:eScan’s EPP provides a client that is administered via a centralized management console on to the endpoints with Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android Platforms in the network. This simplifies security administration and provides operational efficiencies such as centralized deployment, reporting and licensing module.
- Security Information and Event Management:It is equipped with tools to capture live events from managed endpoints and publish it on the eScan management console. These events are automatically categorized on the basis of event severity, computer selection, asset changes or policy violation.
- Anti Ransomware solutions with PBAE technology:eScan’s EPP solutions now boast of the latest technological advancement PBAE Technology (Proactive Behavioral Analysis Engine) that blocks ransomware attacks and keeps enterprise networks safe and secure.
- Data Leak Prevention:eScan empowers Enterprises with advanced features for identifying, tracking, and securing all confidential data at rest, in use, and in motion thus minimizing the risk of data loss with its advanced features for Application and Device control as well as Data leak prevention at Endpoint, Network or Mail Gateway level.
- Malware Threat Defense and Remediation:eScan is equipped with advanced technologies and feature to tackle and eliminate threats originating and spreading through the internet. It provides administrator with unified threat management and control solution to secure and manage endpoints connected to the network
eScan’s EPP solutions are based on advanced proactive scanning technologies that can efficiently secure and manage endpoints against evolving threats.
An important feature of eScan’s EPP solution is SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) that provides real-time capturing of security events generated for any hardware changes and software applications installed/uninstalled/upgraded. It facilitates real-time monitoring, correlating captured events, notifications and console views. It also provides long-term storage, analysis, and reporting of incidents (log data).
The security events are automatically categorized on the basis of event severity, endpoints, asset changes or policy violation. The core capabilities of SIEM technology are event collection and the ability to correlate and analyze them across various sources. Gartner reports predict, by 2018, 80% of endpoint protection platforms will include user activity monitoring and forensic capabilities, up from less than 5% in 2013.
eScan’s EPP provides the administrator a unified threat management for monitoring and controlling endpoints connected to the network with its technologies based on Proactive Detection using Intelligent Sandboxing, Active Monitoring and Continuous Process review.
Read more about – Enterprise Endpoint Protection